FANDOM


  • Has anyone here ever saw or thought they saw an animal that they thought was supposed to be extinct? This does not apply to bigfoot but things such as pterosaurs, lake monsters, mammoths or dinosaurs.


    Please let me know!

      Loading editor
    • I may have seen a skinless squirrel, and it looked kind of like a mouse too, maybe an Extinct oppassum.

        Loading editor
    • Gothmognog wrote:
      I may have seen a skinless squirrel, and it looked kind of like a mouse too, maybe an Extinct oppassum.

      Oh! Was its tail up or dragging?

        Loading editor
    • Some types of rats are hairless. 

        Loading editor
    • Australopithecusman wrote:
      Some types of rats are hairless. 

      Well, surprisingly, it wasn't dragging, in fact, it was raised like a squirrel, it had more hair on the tail than any other part of the body, perhaps an early evolutionary trait, or new one. I don't know, but I do know it looked like a squirrel and a little bit oppasum.

        Loading editor
    • Gothmognog wrote:
      Australopithecusman wrote:
      Some types of rats are hairless. 
      Well, surprisingly, it wasn't dragging, in fact, it was raised like a squirrel, it had more hair on the tail than any other part of the body, perhaps an early evolutionary trait, or new one. I don't know, but I do know it looked like a squirrel and a little bit oppasum.

      Now that I think, it might have not been rat, more chipmunk and squirrel, just a few oppa- I'm making this confusing.

        Loading editor
    • COuld have just been a squirrel witha  hair problem, What was its head shape?

        Loading editor
    • Diakujia wrote:
      COuld have just been a squirrel witha  hair problem, What was its head shape?

      Yeah, Probably, but the only thing is that it was a complete blur, I only saw a split second of it being still, looking like a chipmunk, but with a slim body, I really do'nt know why it stopped, though it had a shot snout, maybe a new shrew if a mouse. It may actually be a chipmunk. I'm not sure.

      But to add, It went under a bush, I looked under it, then in the shrubbery, and all over, and after it went under that bush, it had almost disapeard... and no tracks. I don't know what it is.

        Loading editor
    • A GHOST, Nah, It was probably just a chipmunk or a mole that had a skin problem. Nothing strange. 

        Loading editor
    • Diakujia wrote:
      A GHOST, Nah, It was probably just a chipmunk or a mole that had a skin problem. Nothing strange. 

      Yeah, you're right, but I have heard from my cryptid-interested mormon friends of a very little known cryptid called the three-toothed chipmunk, but I always tried to search the name, but nothing related ever comes up, usually the dumb Alvin and the CHIPMUNKS.

        Loading editor
    • Hmmm, Here let me take a try, Yeah, Usually small town cryptids or legends do not find their way onto the internet, which makes it all the more strange and mystic.. Even a lot of my towns legends are not on the internet. 

        Loading editor
    • I just remembered a weird occurance whilst visiting my Grandma's.

      As my brother (Who was came back from College) and I were just arriving, I noticed a huge, Vulture-like thing crossing the sky. I asked my brother if he knew why it was there, and he was very stumped. I did some research, but I couldn't find any Vultures of sights in Fresno/Clovis CA area. Perhaps it may have been an Extinct Giant Condor that once had lived in the acacia/desert hills area of Fresno and Clovis. Do you know What it could be?

        Loading editor
    • Gothmognog wrote:
      I just remembered a weird occurance whilst visiting my Grandma's.

      As my brother (Who was came back from College) and I were just arriving, I noticed a huge, Vulture-like thing crossing the sky. I asked my brother if he knew why it was there, and he was very stumped. I did some research, but I couldn't find any Vultures of sights in Fresno/Clovis CA area. Perhaps it may have been an Extinct Giant Condor that once had lived in the acacia/desert hills area of Fresno and Clovis. Do you know What it could be?

      Oh! My friend let me tell you about a very interesting creature that once flew across the skies of California over 10 thousand years ago! a Giant Vulture related to the Turkey vulture but was 5 feet tall and had a wing span of 20-25 feet!

      That is what you may have seen! Many people use this animal as an explanation to the Native American Spirit known as the Thunder bird, a giant bird that was so large that the flapping of its wings created thunder and it flew with thunder storms, and these creatures have been seen all across North America nd there is even video!

        Loading editor
    • Diakujia wrote:
      Gothmognog wrote:
      I just remembered a weird occurance whilst visiting my Grandma's.

      As my brother (Who was came back from College) and I were just arriving, I noticed a huge, Vulture-like thing crossing the sky. I asked my brother if he knew why it was there, and he was very stumped. I did some research, but I couldn't find any Vultures of sights in Fresno/Clovis CA area. Perhaps it may have been an Extinct Giant Condor that once had lived in the acacia/desert hills area of Fresno and Clovis. Do you know What it could be?

      Oh! My friend let me tell you about a very interesting creature that once flew across the skies of California over 10 thousand years ago! a Giant Vulture related to the Turkey vulture but was 5 feet tall and had a wing span of 20-25 feet!

      That is what you may have seen! Many people use this animal as an explanation to the Native American Spirit known as the Thunder bird, a giant bird that was so large that the flapping of its wings created thunder and it flew with thunder storms, and these creatures have been seen all across North America nd there is even video!

      I wouldn't say it was 20-25 feet for my sighting, but the wingspan was HUGE, probably 15 feet and it was close in the sky too. the only thing is that it was a bald vulture.


      Okay, this this probably awesome, but I think that was an ARGENTAVIS. It was huge, has an estimated 16.7 - 19.9 feet, has a bald head, EXTINCT, and was giant, probably having a big shadow.

      The only problem is is that it lived in Argentina, not california, but it has a big similar description on it.

        Loading editor
    • Gothmognog wrote:
      Diakujia wrote:
      Gothmognog wrote:
      I just remembered a weird occurance whilst visiting my Grandma's.

      As my brother (Who was came back from College) and I were just arriving, I noticed a huge, Vulture-like thing crossing the sky. I asked my brother if he knew why it was there, and he was very stumped. I did some research, but I couldn't find any Vultures of sights in Fresno/Clovis CA area. Perhaps it may have been an Extinct Giant Condor that once had lived in the acacia/desert hills area of Fresno and Clovis. Do you know What it could be?

      Oh! My friend let me tell you about a very interesting creature that once flew across the skies of California over 10 thousand years ago! a Giant Vulture related to the Turkey vulture but was 5 feet tall and had a wing span of 20-25 feet!

      That is what you may have seen! Many people use this animal as an explanation to the Native American Spirit known as the Thunder bird, a giant bird that was so large that the flapping of its wings created thunder and it flew with thunder storms, and these creatures have been seen all across North America nd there is even video!

      I wouldn't say it was 20-25 feet for my sighting, but the wingspan was HUGE, probably 15 feet and it was close in the sky too. the only thing is that it was a bald vulture.


      Okay, this this probably awesome, but I think that was an ARGENTAVIS. It was huge, has an estimated 16.7 - 19.9 feet, has a bald head, EXTINCT, and was giant, probably having a big shadow.

      The only problem is is that it lived in Argentina, not california, but it has a big similar description on it.

      Teratornis was smaller than arvantavis but the same size as your sighting, Plus the Argentavis had feathers on its head. 

        Loading editor
    • Diakujia wrote:
      Gothmognog wrote:
      Diakujia wrote:
      Gothmognog wrote:
      I just remembered a weird occurance whilst visiting my Grandma's.

      As my brother (Who was came back from College) and I were just arriving, I noticed a huge, Vulture-like thing crossing the sky. I asked my brother if he knew why it was there, and he was very stumped. I did some research, but I couldn't find any Vultures of sights in Fresno/Clovis CA area. Perhaps it may have been an Extinct Giant Condor that once had lived in the acacia/desert hills area of Fresno and Clovis. Do you know What it could be?

      Oh! My friend let me tell you about a very interesting creature that once flew across the skies of California over 10 thousand years ago! a Giant Vulture related to the Turkey vulture but was 5 feet tall and had a wing span of 20-25 feet!

      That is what you may have seen! Many people use this animal as an explanation to the Native American Spirit known as the Thunder bird, a giant bird that was so large that the flapping of its wings created thunder and it flew with thunder storms, and these creatures have been seen all across North America nd there is even video!

      I wouldn't say it was 20-25 feet for my sighting, but the wingspan was HUGE, probably 15 feet and it was close in the sky too. the only thing is that it was a bald vulture.


      Okay, this this probably awesome, but I think that was an ARGENTAVIS. It was huge, has an estimated 16.7 - 19.9 feet, has a bald head, EXTINCT, and was giant, probably having a big shadow.

      The only problem is is that it lived in Argentina, not california, but it has a big similar description on it.

      Teratornis was smaller than arvantavis but the same size as your sighting, Plus the Argentavis had feathers on its head. 

      Ah, thanks, though 15 feet is just a guess, but it was big.

        Loading editor
    • Gothmognog wrote:
      Diakujia wrote:
      Gothmognog wrote:
      Diakujia wrote:
      Gothmognog wrote:
      I just remembered a weird occurance whilst visiting my Grandma's.

      As my brother (Who was came back from College) and I were just arriving, I noticed a huge, Vulture-like thing crossing the sky. I asked my brother if he knew why it was there, and he was very stumped. I did some research, but I couldn't find any Vultures of sights in Fresno/Clovis CA area. Perhaps it may have been an Extinct Giant Condor that once had lived in the acacia/desert hills area of Fresno and Clovis. Do you know What it could be?

      Oh! My friend let me tell you about a very interesting creature that once flew across the skies of California over 10 thousand years ago! a Giant Vulture related to the Turkey vulture but was 5 feet tall and had a wing span of 20-25 feet!

      That is what you may have seen! Many people use this animal as an explanation to the Native American Spirit known as the Thunder bird, a giant bird that was so large that the flapping of its wings created thunder and it flew with thunder storms, and these creatures have been seen all across North America nd there is even video!

      I wouldn't say it was 20-25 feet for my sighting, but the wingspan was HUGE, probably 15 feet and it was close in the sky too. the only thing is that it was a bald vulture.


      Okay, this this probably awesome, but I think that was an ARGENTAVIS. It was huge, has an estimated 16.7 - 19.9 feet, has a bald head, EXTINCT, and was giant, probably having a big shadow.

      The only problem is is that it lived in Argentina, not california, but it has a big similar description on it.

      Teratornis was smaller than arvantavis but the same size as your sighting, Plus the Argentavis had feathers on its head. 
      Ah, thanks, though 15 feet is just a guess, but it was big.

      Well a turkey Vulture Wing span is 6 feet, Would you say it was bigger than that?

        Loading editor
    • Diakujia wrote:
      Gothmognog wrote:
      Diakujia wrote:
      Gothmognog wrote:
      Diakujia wrote:
      Gothmognog wrote:
      I just remembered a weird occurance whilst visiting my Grandma's.

      As my brother (Who was came back from College) and I were just arriving, I noticed a huge, Vulture-like thing crossing the sky. I asked my brother if he knew why it was there, and he was very stumped. I did some research, but I couldn't find any Vultures of sights in Fresno/Clovis CA area. Perhaps it may have been an Extinct Giant Condor that once had lived in the acacia/desert hills area of Fresno and Clovis. Do you know What it could be?

      Oh! My friend let me tell you about a very interesting creature that once flew across the skies of California over 10 thousand years ago! a Giant Vulture related to the Turkey vulture but was 5 feet tall and had a wing span of 20-25 feet!

      That is what you may have seen! Many people use this animal as an explanation to the Native American Spirit known as the Thunder bird, a giant bird that was so large that the flapping of its wings created thunder and it flew with thunder storms, and these creatures have been seen all across North America nd there is even video!

      I wouldn't say it was 20-25 feet for my sighting, but the wingspan was HUGE, probably 15 feet and it was close in the sky too. the only thing is that it was a bald vulture.


      Okay, this this probably awesome, but I think that was an ARGENTAVIS. It was huge, has an estimated 16.7 - 19.9 feet, has a bald head, EXTINCT, and was giant, probably having a big shadow.

      The only problem is is that it lived in Argentina, not california, but it has a big similar description on it.

      Teratornis was smaller than arvantavis but the same size as your sighting, Plus the Argentavis had feathers on its head. 
      Ah, thanks, though 15 feet is just a guess, but it was big.
      Well a turkey Vulture Wing span is 6 feet, Would you say it was bigger than that?

      perhaps, but it was very big, and for fact... I've never seen a vulture in fresno unless it was at the chaffee zoo... actually, I wanna search if it escaped.... nope, I couldn't find anything.

        Loading editor
    • Why not a California condor? Their wing span is 10 feet

        Loading editor
    • I live in Mexico and one day I was in the north (Where there's too much forest) on a ranch with my family, the man that used to work on the ranch said that in the deepest parts of the forest there was a Bear that looked like a Grizzly Bear called "El Oso Plateado", in english means the Silvered Bear. My sister and I we love to explore the forest, on the third day on the ranch in the forest I went alone because like I say! I love to explore nature's home! On that day my sister was still sleeping so I went to the forest alone. While I was walking I heard something walking behind me and I swear that I saw the bear! I run screaming like an idiot and looked back and there was the bear standing like nothing, but still I was running. The bear that I saw on that day it was really like a grizzly (Sort of because he was little bit small to me and his hair color was strange), I never told this to my family because I was gonna sound like a cliche of a horror movie. The Silvered Bear was actually a bear with grey hair parts that was extinct in the 1950's because of hunt. I really don't know if that day I saw a Black Bear or it was really The Silvered Bear.

        Loading editor
    • That is a very interesting story and there is never to much forest! But what you saw was actually a brown bear which is also known as a Mexican grizzly bear, though they come in many colors. 

      Very nice story

        Loading editor
    • Okay, it's very similar, but what ticks me off is the bat-like wings, it's definetaly a bird, and california condor is very similar to mine, but the thing on that is the white feathers and more bald structures. But it actually mights be a condor, it's critically endangered and it's near or even in the fresno/clovis area. But the baldness and the white feathers are not similar, though, a large clue is the widened end feathers, very similar to what I saw, it might be a condor.

        Loading editor
    • Hmm, maybe an albino per chance

        Loading editor
    • My great uncle's pretty old. He kind of looks like a dinosaur.

        Loading editor
    • lol

        Loading editor
    • Diakujia wrote:
      Hmm, maybe an albino per chance

      No, what I saw is not partial white feathers. the Condor's white partial feathers.

        Loading editor
    • Diakujia wrote:
      That is a very interesting story and there is never to much forest! But what you saw was actually a brown bear which is also known as a Mexican grizzly bear, though they come in many colors. 

      Very nice story

      I'm still thinking that maybe it was the mexican grizzly bear that I saw on that day! I really don't know why these animals weren't extinct, perhaps a bear migration? (Or maybe a hybrid bear) Who knows... Thanks for believing me in this REAL story. I promise one day to get my HD camera to my ranch so I can see if I can find him.

        Loading editor
    • Would some type of Irish Australopithecus count?

        Loading editor
    • AuroraBorealis1972 wrote:
      Would some type of Irish Australopithecus count?

      Yes. Tell your story.

      Edit: There are theory that the original Irish were originally black. They are called leprechaun by white skinned settlers. These people are believed to be descendants of Twa Pygmy of Africa. Go search "Irish African pygmy"

        Loading editor
    • AutoVeron wrote:
      AuroraBorealis1972 wrote:
      Would some type of Irish Australopithecus count?
      Yes. Tell your story.

      Edit: There are theory that the original Irish were originally black. They are called leprechaun by white skinned settlers. These people are believed to be descendants of Twa Pygmy of Africa. Go search "Irish African pygmy"

      Hm... that's very interesting. I never knew the Africans might have made it to Ireland, but I heard about the Egyptians. Of course Africans aren't Australopithecines, but still, it may prove the Australopithecines could have made it too. Now, it's not nessasarily an Australopithecine, they're smaller and look a bit more chimp like, but I saw something more like a regular Bigfoot, just a bit different. In the late nineties, and elderly couple saw an eight foot tall human-like creature similiar to what I saw. There are a good few Bigfoot sightings in Ireland, including mine now, I guess. I was out in Ballyboley forest in Northern Ireland, where that couple saw the Bigfoot, since I was interested in this subject and, just to humour it, and out of desperation to do something, I went to the forest to go looking. Then next week I went again, and again, and again, and I did more research into the Irish Bigfoot. I found out they were meant to make structures, so I looked for them and found them, loads of them, so I decided to start woodknocking. I never got any results this way, though my friend, who I brought with me a couple times, did see something weird in the distance, though he sees alot of weird things in the dark, and his brother frequently sees shadow people, so while I believe him, I don't think he saw anything. After a while I got really sick of getting nothing after going after a fight with some family members, which, alongside intense paranoia the entire time, made me hallucinate a tree peeking creature. After about a month, I started going back after a long break and seeing some UFOs in my garden, which was another really cool experience I'll probably post sometime soon. I took my friend with me every time until today, since the electricity was off all day and I thought he'd planned something to do while the electricity was off, not to mention my sister's friend coming over which made him not want to come anyway. About two weeks ago I got lots of woodknock replies aswell as whistling vocals, which I'm not sure if I recorded, but after doing that for ten to five minutes, me and my friend just talked a bit about how satisfied I was with the vocals and knocks, distracting us from the loud and clear 'whomp' sound I recorded. If you can imagine Thinkerthunker's intro but with the voice of a fully grown wart hog, it was like that, but even listening back to the audio, it was even scarier and louder than any warthog could be, even in person. Ballyboley is a small place, there aren't any deer or any other wildlife, there were no escaped animals, it would have had to have been too close for us not to notice, and there were no people around, even if they could make a sound like that. Next time we went, about last week, we got some indistinct vocals while doing calls, which I'll post soon, and, on the same day, had my first sighting. We'd just gotten some reply vocals [though I didn't hear them at the time] aswell as what I can only call a Bigfoot song, like a tune of woodknocks that lasted about five seconds before ending. There were some people walking by on the path below us, and while nobody else saw it [accept possibly my friend], I filmed this small, orange humanoid thing with a head shaped like the Sykesville monster's in a tree above the people passing by, who didn't even notice. It wasn't a person, it was ten foot in the air and haning by a couple twigs, it wasn't inanimate, it moved, and it wasn't my imagination, I've only hallucinated that vividly once in my life. I filmed it, but I have to post it online to review it properly, which might take a few days since I'm so busy. This was only my first sighting, though, since today I saw something bigger, on the ground, it was much clearer. It was raining really heavily a couple days ago, and while I didn't record it, I was in the same area as my second sighting when I heard a pig-like grunting noise that sounded like it was coming from right next to my friend, but he wasn't making it, since I saw him while it happened and he has a high-pitched voice. Today I was walking on the path near that area when I saw this six to seven foot tall hairy creature in the distance, I saw it stare at me and my dad for a second before it ran away. He was being attacked by bugs, as always, so he didn't see it, but I quickly took his phone [since mine was dead] and ran after it. I found some possible tracks and might have even saw it again for a second before we left. It's hair covering, colour and head shape looked like this: 

      Like this
      Like this2







      but it's face was more like this:  










      Here's a link to the page where I post all my evidence and such, most of the stuff I mentioned isn't on it yet, but will be soon: https://www.facebook.com/CRYPTIDSNI/videos/292170751559406/

        Loading editor
    • AuroraBorealis1972
      AuroraBorealis1972 removed this reply because:
      .
      19:16, November 21, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • wait, what was the reply again?

        Loading editor
    • Diakujia wrote:
      That is a very interesting story and there is never to much forest! But what you saw was actually a brown bear which is also known as a Mexican grizzly bear, though they come in many colors. 

      Very nice story

      The Mexican grizzly bear is extinct. 

        Loading editor
    • Thewhititan wrote:
      I just remembered a weird occurance whilst visiting my Grandma's.

      As my brother (Who was came back from College) and I were just arriving, I noticed a huge, Vulture-like thing crossing the sky. I asked my brother if he knew why it was there, and he was very stumped. I did some research, but I couldn't find any Vultures of sights in Fresno/Clovis CA area. Perhaps it may have been an Extinct Giant Condor that once had lived in the acacia/desert hills area of Fresno and Clovis. Do you know What it could be?

      there are extinct giant condors.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message